Never Shop Hopped Before? Or maybe you have, but want to make the most of your experience? Here are some insider tips to make your GREAT SEWING ADVENTURE™ ACROSS THE CAROLINAS the best it can be:
Study up and plan ahead!
- Register on our website and follow our Facebook Group to learn more about all the fun and adventure awaiting you on the first ever All Carolinas Shop Hop, October 1 through November 30, 2021!
- We’ll keep you updated between now and the end of November about our stores, our sponsors and all of the great prizes awaiting you.
Schedule some time
- Choose a day or two (or six) to spend some quality time on your favorite hobby during the months of October and November. (You deserve it!)
Make it a group affair
- A Shop Hop is great on your own, and even better with friends! Call your best sewing buddies and make it a girls’ road trip.
- Bring your spouses – while you quilt shop, they can check out local hardware or antique stores.
- Invite your sister or daughter – there is nothing better than encouraging others to explore our craft!
- Carpooling is a great way to conserve resources, share expenses and spend quality time with whoever you want to hop with.
Get your All Carolinas Shop Hop Magazine!
- The first thing to do is visit a participating store to get your All Carolinas Shop Hop Magazine. It contains your copy of the All Carolinas Shop Hop Passport and Map.
- Magazines go on sale in August, so you’ll have plenty of time to pick it up and start planning.
- Each person in your party will need their own Passport in order to register for prizes.
- You’ll want to use your All Carolinas Shop Hop Magazine all year long. Whether you make it to our stores during the Shop Hop or not, the Magazine is a great resource anytime you find yourself meandering the country roads of the Carolinas and feel like checking out a local quilt shop. It also has great articles, free patterns and related sewing and quilting information.
Plan your route
- The All Carolinas Shop Hop Magazine offers statewide and regional maps to help you plan your route.
- Check out where our participating stores are located and calculate the most expeditious route so you can make it to as many stores as possible.
- You don’t have to hurry, though. One great thing about the All Carolinas Shop Hop is that you have TWO entire months, October & November, to visit all our stores! Take your time to enjoy the hospitality.
Check out each Region’s “SUPER SUNDAYS” and other extended hours
- Our independent stores all determine their own hours, but many offer extended hours or days during the Shop Hop. These special hours can only be found on the Regional Map pages of the Magazine.
Remember, it’s a Shop Hop… so be sure to SHOP!
- Each of our stores has its own personality, secrets, and special items to offer. We hope you’ll discover what will keep you inspired and excited about sewing and crafting.
- Don’t forget our 2021 Exclusive All Carolinas Shop Hop Fabric! It can be found only at Shop Hop stores during the event. When it’s gone, it’s gone. Be sure to get it when you see it!
- Shopping is not required on the Shop Hop, but we know you won’t be able to resist!
Pick up your FREE exclusive collectable quilt squares
- Each of our stores has created a unique 4-inch quilt square that captures the fun and creativeness of this hobby.
- Collect them all and combine them with the exclusive All Carolinas Shop Hop Fabric to make a one-of-a-kind project. These will only be available to those embarking on the Great Sewing Adventure Across the Carolinas!
- Complete your collection with regional and state squares!
- When you collect all the stamps from the stores in a Region (and turn your passport in), we’ll send you a free 6-inch on-point quilt square to commemorate your accomplishment.
- You can also purchase a commemorative 8-inch finished state block at many of our stores. If you collect the stamps from all of this year’s Shop Hop stores, you receive a FREE state square!
Get your passport stamped before you leave each store
- At each store, take a moment to get to know the owner or staff, enjoy their hospitality, maybe do some shopping, and sign up for the local raffle.
- Before you leave, be sure to collect your passport stamp. (see the guidelines below).
- Please be respectful. We understand many of you are only interested in earning prizes. Please be courteous and take a moment to just look around before you ask for your freebies.
This is the Carolinas! Enjoy all parts of your Great Sewing Adventures!
- Make your adventure about enjoying everything our Carolinas communities have to offer.
- Our stores offer unbelievable hospitality, and you’ll find the same in most of the hometown establishments across both states.
- Enjoy coffee or lunch at the local diner.
- Check out an antique store, local boutique, or, as mentioned above, the hardware store.
- Find that unique, quaint restaurant or pizza parlor to grab a bite for dinner.
- Go all out and book a night in a local Bed and Breakfast. Or check out one of the Retreat Centers on the Resources page or in the magazine.
Share your fun!
- Post about your Shop Hop experiences often on Facebook or our website Contact page. Share your photos. Tell us who you’ve met, what you’ve seen and who you’re sharing your adventure with!
Turn in your Passport to WIN!
- Be sure to mail your Passport to the All Carolinas Shop Hop office – postmarked by December 5, 2021.
- Make sure all stamps are secure and you’ve printed legibly so we can contact you if you win!
Get busy sewing! Commemorate your trip
- Make your collectible squares into something awesome that you and your friends will remember forever.
- Use the other fabrics, tools or supplies you picked up along the way. You were inspired to CREATE!
- Use one (or all) of the free patterns in the All Carolinas Shop Hop Magazine or on this website to create a one-of-a-kind project with our exclusive fabrics.
- Remember to SHARE your projects with us on our Website or Facebook!
- Plan your vacation for next fall to do it all again!
Now, REST! Be sure to come back to your favorite stores during the year. Use your All Carolinas Shop Magazine throughout the year, and of course save the date for next year’s All Carolinas Shop Hop – The Great Sewing Adventure Across the Carolinas.